Monday, October 29, 2012

Rejoice! Be Glad!

Here are some more verses I have found on persecution:
If you are a Christian, don't expect life to be easy.
"
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."
II Timothy 3:12

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
I Peter 4:12-16
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

"
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;"
II Corinthians 4:17

"
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul."
Hebrews 10:35-39

Endure Forte (Suffer Bravely),
><> Elizabeth <><


2 comments:

  1. Sweet blog! I notimated you with an blogger award on my blog! Click 'here' to check it out! I hope you like it! You may also notimate up to 7 bloggers (or an many as you like). Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you Jessica! :)

      In Christ Jesus,
      ><> Elizabeth <><

      Delete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!