Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day 2013


As you can probably imagine, we spent yesterday out at Grams and Papa's (where else?):









My dog really enjoyed the homemade ice cream... LOL!


...He also enjoyed attacking the fireworks...




I was taking pictures of the sunset, when someone gasped and said there was a smoke ring...I couldn't get a picture before it faded. It was a perfect circle of smoke! :o


Golden Hour: 


God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood:

"If tomorrow all the things were gone

I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again
with just my children and my wife,
I'd thank my lucky stars
to be living here today,
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
and they can't take that away. 


I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota
to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas
from sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston
and New York to L.A.,
There's pride in every American heart
and it's time we stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A."



"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." -Psalm 33:12


"Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged." -Ronald Reagan


"and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof:"
 -Leviticus 25:10


“Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” 
-Benjamin Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!