Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Friday, September 13th, 2013:
My family went to pick up our Chinese International students to take them to Grams and Papa's house for the evening. Grams and Papa have a couple Chinese students too, so we had a grand time playing the Mexican Train Game, and cooking hot dogs & smores over the fire. younger ones went swimming. We also gazed up at the moon through Papa's telescope! :)


*smile*

Samuel was very alert


Saturday, September 14th, 2013:
So, after we dropped the girls off at their apartment late Friday night, we went home, and I had to get ready for the 5k obstacle run on Saturday.

Capital Craze is a 5k obstacle run that supports Haiti Lifeline Ministries, and an orphanage in Haiti.

I started off the race thinking I wasn't gonna do all the obstacles (wet, and muddy isn't my thing) But, after crawling through mud (last minute desicion), I thought, Well, I might as well do all the obstacles. Though, the water was COLD.


I was supposed to walk across...NOPE, that's not happening!




And here I am... Cleaner at the end of the race, than I was at the beginning!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lizzie - Great job! Grams and I are proud of you.
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you, Papa! I had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!