Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Eighty Six Years Ago Today...

Philip James "Jim" Elliot was born.



Here are some of my favorite quotes from him:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

“Wherever you are, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.” 

"God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him."

“Forgive me for being so ordinary while claiming to know so extraordinary a God.”

“Oh, the fullness, pleasure, sheer excitement of knowing God on earth!”

“I seek not a long life, but a full one, like you Lord Jesus.” 

“When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.” 

And obviously, there is the quote on my blog header:

"He makes His ministers a flame of fire, Am I ignitable? God deliver me from the dread asbestos of ‘other things.’ Saturate me with the oil of the Spirit that I may be aflame. But flame is transient, often short-lived. Canst thou bear this my soul—short life? In me there dwells the spirit of the Great Short-Lived, whose zeal for God’s house consumed Him."

Have a great day!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've heard a quote by Jim Elliot before, it's the "wherever you are be all there. .." but I hadn't heard the rest of it.
    He had some really good things to say; things that really ring true...thanks for sharing these! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!