Thursday, January 16, 2014

Scotland's Greatest Athlete, Part 7

In honor of Eric Liddell's birthday, I have chosen some of my favorite quotes from him, and one from the person who played him in the movie, Chariots of Fire:


"We are all missionaries. We carry our religion with us, or we allow our religion to carry us. Wherever we go, we either bring people nearer to Christ, or we repel them from Christ. We are working for the great Kingdom of God - the time when all people will turn to Christ as their leader, and will not be afraid to own him as such."  -Eric Liddell

"...If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing well…" -Eric Liddell

"It is complete surrender." -Eric Liddell, as he's taking his last breath 


"In the dust of defeat as well as the laurels of victory there is a glory to be found if one has done his best." -Eric Liddell

"Christ for the world, for the world needs Christ!" -Eric Liddell

Eric's Olympic Medals


 A statue of Eric Liddel, in the Reception of Old College at the University of Edinburgh.

For more info about this inspiring man, visit The Eric Liddell Centre.


KEEP SMILING!

For His Glory,

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing these posts, Elizabeth. What an encouragement Eric Liddell was, and still is, to this day, to Christians and people around the world!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, now I want to see Chariots of Fire again!! :) Lovely post with inspiring quotes from an inspiring man after God's heart. Great post! :)
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It has been so long since I last saw that movie. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy [late] Birthday Eric! :)
    I love the first quote.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!