Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bright Lights 2014

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" -Philippians 2:15

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." -Matthew 5:16

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." -I Timothy 4:12

Many of you will remember that my mum, sisters, grandma, and I took a trip up to Cedar Rapids, IA to attend the Bright Lights conferences about four weeks ago. Well, here are some pictures!!!

I didn't take any pictures during the Strong in the Lord conference this year, but we were invited to spend the afternoon with the team on their day off - Thursday. 

We went to the park and had some quiet time, one-on-one time, and then we did some witnessing. :D


Young ladies! If you haven't read this book already, I highly recommend it!



Sharing time. It is always so wonderful to hear what the Lord is doing!





Mmmm, snacks!

Radiant Purity: 








The worship time is always a favorite time for me!

  
The skits never get old!






I miss every single young lady I met there! Old friends and new!
I had the chance to meet two of my online friends, Lily and her sister Sarah, as well as their sister, Annie! THAT WAS AWESOME! 
Annie, Lily and Sarah, I miss y'all so much! I wish we could have had more time to get to know each other better, but I am grateful for the time we did have!

In Him,
Elizabeth

8 comments:

  1. I loved "Before You Meet Prince Charming." :) Bright Lights looks so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging time! I would really love to go to one of these conferences sometime!

    Thanks for the pictures, I enjoyed seeing them!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was encouraging! :)
      You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  3. That's cool that you're involved with Bright Lights! I actually lead a Light Shop group, which is basically the "boy version" of Bright Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (First off, it goes so perfectly: "One Light in a Dark World" and Bright Lights...hee hee hee...)
    It looks as if all who went had an inspiring time! Attending one of these conferences is something I really want to do one day. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your really should! I think you'd enjoy it!

      Delete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!