Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Creation Notebook Series - The Four Duties of a Good Soldier

Well, I was going through my "creation notebook" (a place where I put my research and notes from various messages) and found a bunch of good stuff I wanted to share with you all! I'll obviously not be able to fit it all into this post, so I figured I'd make a series out of it. ;)

This one's not that long, so here ya go!

1. Don't get captured. 
"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." -Colossians 2:8

2. Capture the culture, not the flag. 
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" -2 Corinthians 10:5

3. Capture the captured. 
"And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." -2 Timothy 2:26

4. Learn to live off the land. 
Take what the "land" offers, and show the lost to Jesus through it. For example, a movie that you both have seen. How can you turn a discussion about a movie into a discussion about Christ? 
"Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious." -Acts 17:22

"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."
-2 Timothy 2:3

So what do you all think? Have anything to add? Please comment!

Happy Tuesday!
-Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I every time spent my half an hour to read this blog's content daily along with a
    mug of coffee.

    Also visit my web page: rampage site

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!