Friday, December 12, 2014

It's all in the Wardrobe (in Spare Oom)

If you were an avid reader (like me), but your favorite book had been packed in a box for four years, and you finally got it back last week, you'd be excited, wouldn't you?

I know I was!


In my book (so to speak), The Chronicles of Narnia is the best EVER, with The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in a close second. 




I've read Narnia many MANY times, and I must say... I never get tired of them!

The other day, I told Daniel that I wanted to find them. So we searched and searched and SEARCHED, until we found them.

Yeah...they've been through a lot!

And I made myself a cup of tea, and sat down and...read. <3 I didn't feel right without tea.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C.S. Lewis
^How true that is!^

So, what do I like about these books?
I love the allegorical story line (Aslan being the only One who could help Ed). I love the adventure. I also loved the faith that Lucy had in Aslan. I remember thinking once, I want to have that same faith in Jesus. 
But one thing I didn't ever like was the fact that Susan lost her belief...She was my favorite character until I learned that, and even now, she if a favorite (cause I love archery, and she...well...you know). 



I have always associated Narnia with Christmas, and seeing as it's the Christmas season, I thought I'd share some Narnian joy with you all. :D


Which one would you be?
  


This is exactly why I love Narnia! Aslan in particular. 
He is a beautiful picture of Jesus Christ.
  
Majestic
   
Now for some movie stills/edits:
While they didn't really stick to the book, these movies were, in and of themselves, amazing (especially the first)!











 













I did have a problem with the second one (Prince Caspian) though.
In the movies, Caspian is kind of portrayed as an arrogant person, and Peter is portrayed as being prideful.

I did NOT like that! It wasn't in the book.



  








 



More Narnia soon... ;)

Well, I must go now...but before I take my leave, there's one more thing I must share:
Five more days!!!!!



I am excited to see this, but also sad at the same time.


Well, that's all folks!

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Elizabeth

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I am a huge fan of narnia and I love how Aslan represents a loving Savior (Jesus)!
    And then you ended the post with my favorite thing of all - Middle Earth! I'm so sad it's ending!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Elizabeth. I love this. I get the feeling of having books boxed up for years... most of my absolute favorites were boxed up for two! YIKES! I had a jubilee fest and read and read and read when I got them back :) :) And yes. Narnia is so so so so amazing. I have always loved those books but there is something sacred and special in them to me now, because I got to be in a Narnia play last spring and it was such an awe inspiring time for me, especially since the director would tie the practice-time devotionals into the story. Even though it was a little group with a thrown together play, sketchy set and sketchy actors, it was such an incredibly special time for me because those books and characters came to life in an incredible way. And Susan? I feel for you. I get so sad whenever I remember that, because it's a hideously painful reminder that this world sure ain't perfect. But... once a king or queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in Narnia. I think Susan found the light of heaven one day. At least, I hope so! And the movies? Goodness! The first one was perfection defined (OH. MY. STINKIN'. GOODNESS georgie henley need I say more?!) and so sweet and innocent and perfectly beautiful. *sob* The second was darker and rougher, but still good but the third... ?! What is with third movies in book-movie translations? Anne of Green Gables much? YIKES!
    :) So there you have my opinions on Narnia dumped on you.
    And the Hobbit. Don't get me started. *weeps and wails and moans and groans*
    WAAAA!
    'K bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so neat that your were in a Narnia play! My church meets at Cair Paravel Latin School, so there are pictures and sculptures of Narnian beast and thing EVERYWHERE. I absolutely LOVE it! Yes, Georgie Henley was AMAZING in those movies! And absolutely beautiful. :)
      Goodness, yes! Anne of Green Gables is DEFINITELY a favorite for me!

      Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  3. Ah, Elizabeth. Narnia is in my heart forever. I love that series so much. I listen to the audio versions every night! :) and yes, the hobbit.... I'm unbelievably excited, apprehensive, and sad all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I tried to comment on this several times, but it kept not working for some reason. Anyway, I LOVE this post! You had some great things to say and I love all the pics you put in. I just finished rereading the Narnia books for the billionth time, and somehow it still gets better every time. These books and The Lord of the Rings (which I am rereading along with The Hobbit) are in my opinion the two best series ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed reading it! Yes, I've read Narnia SO many times, I've lost count! And LOTR/The Hobbit are some of my favorites too!

      Delete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!