Thursday, January 22, 2015

Another Award!

A huge thank you to Kara over at Saved By Grace, for giving me the "Blogger Recognition" award! :D

So, I'm supposed to share with y'all how "One Light in a Dark World" got started.

Yeah, I don't even remember. It's been that long!

So I guess I'll just share a little bit of the purpose of this blog.

I wanted to have a place where I could share my thoughts on different subjects. Evolution, Abortion, etc. 
It's a place where young people, who are followers of Jesus Christ, can find encouragement. 

It also happens to be a place where I share my thoughts on other things, such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

I'm a history buff, so history related posts are not uncommon!

I want those who read my posts, to understand the freedoms that this Land has been given, and to appreciate those who have fought to preserve those freedoms. But ultimately, to be thankful for those freedoms, and grateful to the One who gave them to us.

A couple tips for new bloggers:
Don't be discouraged if you don't have followers! They'll come, in time. 
I had 1 follower for the longest time, and then one day, POW! Meesa here with 37! How did that happen? I don't know. But it took a while.

And now, here are the rules for this award...

If you are nominated:
  -Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blog. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you. 
  
  -Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. 
    
 *Make sure to attach the award itself! (You can do this by right clicking, saving, and uploading the image above)*

  -Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created. 

  -Provide a link to the original post on Edge Of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and so we can keep it from becoming confusing! 

*Note: You can decline the award if you don't feel up to doing the above, but remember; you have to earn it by doing the work.*

And I nominate (I don't have 15):

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Elizabeth, for the award! I am excited to do it. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for awarding me!!!
    I do not take tags or awards on my photography blog, so is it okay if I do this award on my other blog (http://sarahfsth.blogspot.ca/)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to let you know how much I always enjoy your posts! I don't always have time to comment but I always read them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for nominating me but I don't think I'm going to be able to post this award. I'm extremely busy and by the time I get it posted, no one will care anymore:) Also, I've already shared some about my blog in other awards:) Thanks for thinking of me:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!