Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"We're not in Kansas anymore."

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:20)

Well hello there, pilgrim! Thought I'd left this blog for good, did ya? 
NOPE! I've just been busy...with vacation (and not to mention the lack of wifi in some places we went).

Two weeks and a day away from the state that we call "home" (Kansas). 
"We're not in Kansas anymore." was a popular line on the trip, as we were seeing mountains and different trees than what we're used to seeing...

So, on a very rainy Saturday, on April 18th, 2015, the Lindsay Family piled into the 15 passenger van, towing a 22 foot camper trailer, said a prayer, and pulled out of the muddy driveway.

Little did we know what adventures God had in store for us.

First, we arrived in Oklahoma, where we stayed for the weekend with friends.
Then, on Tuesday, the 21st, we met up with the family with whom we were going camping (the camping professionals), and left for New Mexico...

Here are some of my favorites from the trip

Starting in New Mexico - at Bandelier... an ancient place of cave-dwellers.

then driving 8 hours to Grand Canyon, Arizona
Where I spent my nineteenth birthday getting snowed on in the desert. :P

Ah, but it was an experience I'll never forget. Oh, the photo opportunities!



Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah


Thor's Hammer, at Bryce


Ending at Garden of God, Colorado Springs.
If I had taken a picture in the other direction, I would have captured a lightning storm brewing. We made it back to the van, literally seconds before the rain started coming down in buckets!

At the conclusion of the trip, we held a little church service in the middle of our KOA campsite. We sang some worship songs, my dad read Psalm 104, and then we sang some more. 

Psalm 104: 5-8; 30-35 
"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth. The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works. He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke. I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD. Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD."

As much as I LOVED the camping experiences with snow and rain, I must confess, I was thrilled to get back home, and sleep in my own not-on-the-ground bed. Yes, we had an absolutely glorious trip, but Dorothy was 100% correct when she said, "There's no place like home."

We got home late Sunday night, and had to empty some of the trailer, so we could clean it out and take it back (it was a rental). Then I had a five-page paper to finish up on Monday for Perspectives...
Which I finished! :D I have completed Perspectives on the World Christian Movement!

Anyways, you can read more about the trip on clearcreationsphotography.blogspot.com, where I've separated the trip into 5 different posts.

I pray you have a glorious rest of the week!
Happy-to-be-home-camper,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!