Wednesday, July 29, 2015

In which I emerge from my hole (in the ground)

Hello there! It's been quite a while since I've given y'all kind folks an update from life...


Not like there's anything wrong with this blog being a place where I share my thoughts from Bible study and such, but I want to make sure that I maintain a more personal level of blogging as well.

What say you? ;)

Most recently, my life has been crazy! 



Planning...
College is still up in the air. My application was accepted into Moody Bible Institute's non-degree program, and I am hoping to take a couple of online courses this semester. 
Mom and dad want me to take the ACT again...I'm not too keen on that idea, especially since I've been out of school for over a year now, and therefore am rusty on a bunch of stuff.

I may or may not move to Indianapolis temporarily, to do some work at Verity Institute. As much as I'd like to go, I have grown to love this here city of Topeka. Nineteen years is a long time to live in one city, and I've just recently realized that I have an amazing community of friends - college age, and other ages. 
As we talked about last night in college fellowship... "But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare." (Jeremiah 29:7)

Working...
Cafe Barnabas has now opened a second shop here in Topeka! 

On Painting day
  
After everything was finished

Eating mor chikin...
Mooooooo! I got my free meal from Chick-Fil-A on July 14th. Since the new Cafe Barnabas is right across from Chick-Fil-A in the mall, I went over on my lunch break, and got foooooood!

Writing... 
Weekly "Encouraging Word/Quote" at the first Cafe Barnabas.
"Even So Come" by Kristian Stanfill <3

Laughing...
Chuckled at this. But it's so true in my life!

Visiting... 
With family on Sunday. My dad's cousin, Cindy and her husband, Jack were visiting from Arizona with their youngest, Emily. 

Needless to say, Emily is a lovely young lady, and the wedding was a hasty one. XD

Obsessing...
Over some new songs I've found. <3






Reading... 
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (not my favorite series ever). I saw the movie before I read the books, so that didn't help either.
Follow Me by David Platt (continuing on with all of his books...)
Passion by Louie Giglio

 

Drinking...
Tea as usual.
(I know...it looks like coffee, but IT'S TEA!)

Journaling...
A lot lately.

Striving...
To lift up the Name of Jesus in every aspect of my life.

Remembering...

Praying...


Singing...
What I refer to as "Jesus Music" - music that lifts up the Name of Jesus.

Watching...
The Princess Bride for the first time EVER.
*hides*

Enjoying... 
Times with family and friends.
Sweet little Keziah Rose. Daughter of Cafe Barnabas' executive director and his wife.
(She's like a little sister to me!) 

Sharing...
This "fortune" I got in a fortune cookie.
It's the only one that's actually happened to me. :D

Abounding...
In hope, because of Jesus Christ.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." (Romans 5:13)

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit." (Galatians 5:22-25)


Following... 

Finally.

Grateful that...






Praising the Lord for what He has done in my life in this past year!
-Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. What will you do at Verity Institute? I'm actually planning to do their Distance Learning program this fall/winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!