Friday, August 7, 2015

In Which I Share Some More Favorite Songs...

It's time for another music-related post... just cause you NEED these songs in your life. ;) I've included favorite lyrics from the songs. 

1. Natalie Grant
"Your Great Name"

Jesus,
The name of Jesus,
You are high and lifted up and all the world will praise your great name
Jesus,
Worthy is the Lamb
That was slain for us,
Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up and all the world will praise your great name, your great name, your great name

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

"Alive"


Alive! Alive! Look what Mercy’s overcome; Death has lost and Love has won Alive! Alive!
Hallelujah, Risen Lord, the only One I fall before.
I am His because He is alive!

2. Anthem Lights... WOW. They're amazing!!!! Such Talent, and I LOVE "You Have My Heart"


"Can't Get Over You"

Here in the arms of my Father
Only grace can be found
So I lay my fears down
Nothing is the same anymore
You've changed me from the inside out
Now my heart is beating and it's singing won't You...

Hold me
Pull me just a little bit closer
I don't wanna lose this moment
Your love has covered me
And now I can't get over You
I can't get over You
I can't get over You
I just can't get over You

"You Have My Heart"

Let it fade, let it slip away
Let it go, every past mistake
Cause I know your love makes all things new
When it hurts I'll sing your praise
Unashamed I'll bear your name
Unafraid I'll give it all to you

All I can see, all I believe
You have my heart, you have my heart
My everything, my only need
You have my heart, you have my heart

"Hide Your Love Away"

Hide your love away
And wait for me, wait for me
I will do the same
Wait for me, wait for me
There will come a day
When i will finally say
Staring in your eyes
I've waited my whole life... for this night



3. Passion - Kristian Stanfill, Chris Tomlin, Christy Nockels...I've been into Passion's worship music, lately... They're really simple, but so powerful!

I am literally "addicted" to these songs. 


"My Heart is Yours" (Kristian Stanfill)

I give You my life
I give You my trust
Jesus
You are my God
You are enough
Jesus

My heart is Yours
My heart is Yours
Take it all
Take it all
My life in Your hands

I lay down my life
And take up my cross
Jesus
For You are my God
Whatever the cost
Jesus
For You, Jesus
"Even So Come" (Kristian Stanfill)

Like a bride waiting for her groom
We'll be a Church ready for You
Every heart longing for our King
We sing
Even so come
Lord Jesus, come 
"The Cross of Christ" (Chris Tomlin)

Our God is high and lifted up

It is the cross my only plea
The blood He shed delivers me
Our Savior's arms are open wide
A love so great the cross of Christ

Every debt
All we owe
He bears it as His own

Brought to life
We are free
To live in Christ alone

See the Lamb of God
See the Father's love
All to Jesus we owe
He paid it all


"Symphony" (Chris Tomlin)


Let the earth fear the Lord
And all the people of the world
Stand in awe, stand in awe


"Lord, I Need You" (Matt Maher)


Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay



Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You



You're my one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
My one defense, my righteousness

Oh God, how I need You


4. Kari Jobe
"Forever"


The ground began to shake
The stone was rolled away
His perfect love could not be overcome
Now death where is your sting?
Our resurrected King
Has rendered you defeated



Forever he is glorified
Forever he is lifted high
Forever he is risen
He is alive, He is alive!



We sing hallelujah
We sing hallelujah
We sing hallelujah
The Lamb has overcome


Well, there are just a few of my most recent favorite songs of all songdom. It's a HUGE "fandom" of mine, as I am discovering a whole load of Jesus music - music that lifts up the Name and fame of Jesus Christ.

What are some of your favorite songs?
Please leave me a comment!
-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!