Sunday, October 16, 2016

Foundation

A splendid evening to you all! And I hope you're having a lovely autumn. 

I wanted to give you a little sneak peak at the next few posts that I would like to bring your way.

Our church has started a "Foundation Series" to cover the next few weeks, and after the message this morning, I decided I wanted to bring it to computer screens near you.



Foundation: an underlying basis or principle for something.

Foundations are important. If you were to build your house on shifting land, it would not hold up very well. It could be a perfectly good house, inspector approved, and everything, and still be destroyed. Because if the foundation isn't stable, neither is the house. I heard about a house that was built on a hill that was sliding down. One inspector noticed this, and warned against putting a building there. He was ignored, and a week after the house was finished, it slid right down the hill.

In the next couple of days, I will give you the first in the Foundation series - God - which will look at God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

But until then, I thought I'd give you a recipe for one of my favorite fall drinks... Make your day a little better with this:

Ingredients:
Milk (however much you want in your mug)
1/2 Tbsp. of honey
1/2 Tsp. of ground cloves
1/2 Tsp. of cinnamon

Directions:
Heat the milk on the stove, until it is about 185 degrees Fahrenheit
Pour into mug
Mix in the honey
Sprinkle cloves and cinnamon on top
ENJOY!

It is absolutely fantastic! You might want to put a couple marshmallows in it too.

Goodnight, and God bless!
-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I love comments and try my best to reply, so please drop me one!